The Council for Persons with Disabilities exists to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities by promoting equality, opportunity, and inclusion in the Peterborough region so that everyone can contribute and thrive.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant is a representative for assisting and handling duties for the Executive Director as well as the CPD staff and board of directors. CPD seeks an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team consisting of those with lived experiences. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
This position is up to 5 days a week working up to 25-hours. The wage will be $17.50 to $20.00 an hour based on experience. More information on this will be available in the interview.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Answers phone calls, organizes meetings, and supports visitors.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance
requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and
evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing, and expediting orders for supplies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains and monitors all CPD social media and website postings.
- Process bi-weekly payroll on an In-house payroll system for all employees.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- 3 years of administrative assistant experience
- Knowledge of appropriate software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a faced-paced office environment
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Superior organizational skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high degree of professionalism and diplomacy
- Results oriented; delivers on time, on spec, and on budget.
- Ability to motivate self and others to succeed, models desired behaviours.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Volunteer recruitment and management experience an asset.
- Computer literate, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and social media such as Linked In, Facebook and Twitter
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector and/or education/accessibility sector
- University degree in education, business, commerce, or related field would be an asset.
- Content Management Systems
- Customer relationship management software (Salesforce)
- Adobe creative suites
- Data integrity and management
- Having lived experience would also be an asset.
CPD is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. CPD will not discriminate based on race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, disability, age (18 and over), record of offenses for which a pardon has been granted, marital status (including same sex partners), family status (being in a parent-child relationship) or any other grounds prohibited by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Download Job Description here