The Time in My Shoes (TIMS) Program is a hands-on experiential learning program designed to teach everyone about accessibility and inclusion.
The Council for Persons with Disabilities is pleased to be the recipients of an Ontario Trillium Foundation Grant to provide this program to schools and the larger community.
In the elementary school program, students will participate in sessions speaking to people with lived experience with barriers to inclusion and to try out some assistive technology and specialized mobility equipment.
As the program is developed further, it will be offered to post-secondary schools and local businesses and organizations.
If you would like more information about the program, please call Jason at
705-874-8661, or email .
Time in My Shoes (TIMS)-Thank Yous
Thank-you to our volunteers – individuals and businesses! We truly couldn’t do it without you!
- Motion Specialties who have donated wheelchairs to be used during the program as well as staff support.
- Living Well Home Medical Equipment who have donated wheelchairs to be used during the program as well as staff support.
- CNIB for staff support and programming supplies
- CHS for programming supplies
- Lots of amazing volunteers from CPD who organize and facilitate this event every year!