The Time in My Shoes (TIMS) Program is a hands-on experiential learning program designed to teach everyone about accessibility and inclusion. The program allows you to understand and feel what people experience as they navigate their day-to-day lives. The program is led by individuals with diverse abilities who provide interactive learning, discussions, and experiential activities to allow you to see first-hand the power of removing barriers and increasing access for all.
In the elementary school program, students will participate in sessions speaking to people with lived experience with barriers to inclusion. Students will have the opportunity to learn and participate in four distinct and valuable modules focused on mobility, vision, hearing, and inclusion.
We offer TIMS to post-secondary schools, high schools, public schools (grade 4-8), local businesses and organizations
- Motion Specialties who have donated wheelchairs to be used during the program and staff support.
- Living Well Home Medical Equipment who have donated wheelchairs to be used during the program and staff support.
- CNIB for staff support and programming supplies.
- CHS for programming supplies.
- People First Peterborough with Program development
- Community Living Trent Highlands offering Staff support and program development
- Lots of amazing volunteers from CPD who organize and facilitate events every year!