Communication and Administration Coordinator (part-time)
This is a new part-time position created within an organization that is embarking on an exciting phase of new growth! CPD is looking for a self-motivated and creative individual to fulfill the role of part-time Communications Coordinator.
Full job description available as a pdf CPD Communications and Admin JD.
- Job Title: Communications Coordinator
- Job Type: Part-time 10hrs/week, 1 year contract;
- Location: Peterborough, ON.
- Closing date: December 20,2017
- Interviews to be held on: Week of January 8, 2018
- Start Date: As soon as possible
The Council for Persons with Disabilities (CPD) is looking for an individual who understands the value of story-telling and has the skills and passion for accessibility to elevate a small organization, accomplishing great things, to the broader community.
The Communication Coordinator’s purpose is to establish, implement and coordinate a cohesive communications’ strategy for the CPD and its programs, goals and mission. In addition, they will provide administrative support, as directed, to the board and various CPD programs. The goal of this position is to ensure effective and efficient communication of CPD programs, goals and mission, using internal and external communication channels to reach CPD staff, volunteers, stakeholders, participants and supporters.
Successful applicant must be able to provide a clear vulnerable sector police check.
- Development of a comprehensive communications’ plan
- Timely implementation of communications’ plan
- Partnership development
- Administrative support
- Incorporation of volunteer involvement within Communications’ plan
- The Communications Coordinator usually works in an office environment, but may be required to visit events and programs in the community. Any events that the Communications coordinator is expected to attend will be accessible.
- The Communications Coordinator works up to the hours allotted in their contract within the conventional work week (Monday – Friday / 9am-4:30pm), with occasional work during evenings and weekends in order to accommodate representing the organization at public events.
This job requires the ability to use a computer, phone, take photographs and be available for interviews with the media if needed.
Your own vehicle is not necessary, but ability to use public transport is needed.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in communications, marketing or related field and asset.
- Lived experience with a disability considered an asset.
How to apply
- Apply by December 20,2017
- Send your Cover Letter and Resume by e-mail to:
- Include the subject line “Communications Coordinator job”
- Short-listed candidates only will be contacted.
- No phone calls please.
The Council for Persons with Disabilities (CPD) is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from diverse individuals who self-identify on the basis of any of the protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available, upon request, for any stage of the application and hiring process.
The Council for Persons with Disabilities (CPD) exists to improve the quality of life for persons with disabilities by promoting equality, opportunity, and inclusion in the Peterborough region so that everyone can contribute and thrive. Our vision is of a community where all people are able to live, learn, play and work equally. CPD believes in the principles of Independent Living and Consumer control.