Active Together is a program of the Council for Persons with Disabilities (CPD). The goals of Active Together are to increase participation rates and opportunities within sport and recreation, for persons with disabilities.
Active Together is currently going through some changes in delivery. Please check back to see how we will be offering peer support and introductory sport and recreation opportunities. At present, we are able to offer our lending library and pre-booked inclusive sporting demonstrations by request.
Please visit our resources page to learn more about local sport and recreation opportunities available.
We have a lending library of inclusive sporting equipment that can be loaned to schools and community groups. If you are interested, please contact Jason king at or call 705-874-8661.
- Boccia ball set
- Boccia ramp for increased accessibility for individuals with limited fine motor control.
- Goal ball set with 6 black-out masks
- Sitting Volleyball net and ball (beach ball and/or volleyball)
- Floor curling set
- Omnikin ball (large inflatable, colourful ball – approximately 48″ in diameter. Nylon cover over latex bladder)
Inclusive Sporting demonstrations
If you have a special event or group that you think would benefit from being introduced to inclusive sporting activities, please give us a call. We will work with you to have some of our volunteers come out and work with your group, introducing them to the fun of some new activities.
If you are interested, please contact Jason king at or call 705-874-8661.
We can offer demonstrations in:
- Boccia Ball
- Goal ball
- Sitting Volleyball
- Floor curling
- Omnikin ball games (large inflatable, colourful ball – approximately 48″ in diameter. Nylon cover over latex bladder)
- Wheelchair basketball (limited availability)