Active Together is a program of the Council for Persons with Disabilities (CPD).
The goals are to increase participation rates and opportunities within sport and recreation, for persons with disabilities.
Introductory Inclusive activities
Active Together organizes activities that are designed to introduce people with disabilities to a new sport or activity. Whenever possible participation is encouraged by people with and without disabilities to encourage family and friends to get active together.
- Boccia ball set
- Boccia ramp for increased accessibility for individuals with limited fine motor control.
- Goal ball set with 6 black-out masks
- Sitting Volleyball net and ball (beach ball and/or volleyball)
- Floor curling set
- Omnikin ball (large inflatable, colourful ball – approximately 48″ in diameter. Nylon cover over latex bladder)
Developing: Inclusive Sporting demonstrations
If you have a special event or group that you think would benefit from being introduced to inclusive sporting activities, please give us a call. We will work with you to have some of our volunteers come out and work with your group, introducing them to the fun of some new activities.
We are looking at offering demonstrations in:
- Boccia Ball
- Goal ball
- Sitting Volleyball
- Floor curling
- Omnikin ball games (large inflatable, colourful ball – approximately 48″ in diameter. Nylon cover over latex bladder)
- Wheelchair basketball (limited availability)