Our Accessibility Champion Awards Nomination Form can be found Accessibility Champion Award Call for Nominations Form 2019 (Word).
2Accessibility Champion Award Call for Nominations Form 2019 *Fill-able PDF*
Applications are closed! Our Selection committee reviewed the submissions. This year we had 4 categories:
- Restaurant – Our Winner was: East Side Mario’s
- Retail – Our Winner was: Galaxy Cinemas Peterborough
- Recreation – Our Winner was: Imagine Studios
- Other – Our Winner was: Joe Dawson
Any one and any business can be nominated! Our awards were presented at our Abilities and Inclusion Movement on May 31st 2019! Should you like to nominate but have difficulty with the form please call the CPD office at 705-874-8661!
Our Calendar of Events for the week is here! NAW Calendar (WORD)
You can download the latest version here:
Plain Word Version National AccessAbility Week Calendar of Events SRF NAW Calendar
On Sunday May 26th 2019
- Opening Ceremony At the East City Lions Club 12:30pm-12:45pm
- Walk for Dog Guides 12:45pm- 1:30pm
Monday May 27th 2019
- Wheelchair clinic and Assistive Listening Device Display at the Peterborough Public Library from 11:00am-1:00pm
- Christian Horizons Dance at the Royal Canadian Legion 6:30-8:30pm $8.00 per person. If cost is a barrier please email Christian Horizons Dance Flyer (Word Doc)
Tuesday May 28th 2019
- Library Showcase: Kids’ Story Time with Listening Devices 10:30am-11:00am
- Library Showcase: Adult Book Club with listening devices 2:00-3:00pm & 7:00pm-8:00pm. Book: The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
- Please note Archery listed on the Calendars has been CANCELLED.
Wednesday May 29th 2019
- Fleming Abilities Obstacle Course (Details Pending)
- Public Swim- Pool Pod Showcase at the Wellness Centre from 12:30-1:30pm
- [NEW] Axe Throwing 5:30pm-8:00pm at the Peterborough Axe Throwing Club. Cost is $20.00 per person.
Thursday May 30th 2019
- Guide/Service Pet Spa Day at PetValu by appointment. Call Wendy: 705-868-3960!
- Pajama Story Time at the Library 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Christian Horizons Inclusive Art Program at the HUB Program, 1:00pm-2:30pm Space is limited. Please register by emailing: . Christian Horizons Art Flyer (Word Doc.)
Friday May 31st 2019
- Abilities and Inclusion Movement from City Hall to Millennium Park 11:30am-2:00pm
- Wheelchair Clinic at the park
- Official Closing Ceremony of National AccessAbility Week and Champion awards 1:45pm- 2:00pm!
Join us for our Abilities and Inclusion Movement on May 31st 2019!
You can join a team by clicking here!
Click this link below for the information poster:
May 31st 2019 • 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
City Hall to Millennium Park
Join us while we AIM Peterborough in the right direction!
In Support of:
The Council for Persons with Disabilities & Heads Up for Inclusion.
Thank You to Our Sponsors:
Motion, Corus Entertainment, Ontario Trillium Foundation, McWilliams Moving and Storage & The Peterborough Lions Club.
We will journey down George Street to raise awareness about inclusion and accessibility within the Peterborough area. When we reach Millennium Park there will be a BBQ and fun inclusive activities!
For more information contact:
Heads Up For Inclusion 705-876-0383
Council For Persons With Disabilities 705–874–8661
To make a donation, please visit our Canada Helps page:
Do you have more NAW Activities and would like to join us? Use #NAW2019 or @NAW2019 on Social Media during the activity and we will do our best to promote you too! Would you like your event listed here? Email Tiffany at ! ATT: NAW