About the Council for Persons with Disabilities
The Council for Persons with Disabilities exists to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities by promoting equality, opportunity and inclusion in the Peterborough region so everyone can contribute and thrive. Our vision is a community where all people are able to live, learn, play and work equally. For more information on CPD, please visit www.pcpd.ca
This is a full-time position (approximately 35 hours) a week at a pay rate of $20/hour. The successful candidate will work out of the CPD office located at 270 George St. North, Peterborough.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for implementing marketing and communications activities to raise the awareness of CPD and its key initiatives. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for delivering marketing and communication tactics, including social media, website, media relations, collateral development, and events.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist CPD in telling its story across all communication platforms in an engaging and informative manner.
- Monitor CPD social media accounts daily and publish ongoing social media content.
- Maintain and update content on the CPD website.
- Manage the implementation of the CPD newsletter, including content collection, development, layout, and distribution.
- Assist in writing and distributing CPD media releases.
- Coordination of CPD marketing and communication tactics, including blogs, advertising, videos, etc. as required.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of CPD collaterals, including fact sheets, brochures, sell sheets, etc.
- Partner with local investors to implement co-marketing campaigns and tactics.
- Develop fundraising tools, including campaigns, brochures, case for support, presentations, and correspondence.
- Implement research activities to support the increased reach of the CPD brand.
- Collect and analyze ongoing social media metrics and utilize those metrics to further refine CPD social media activities.
- Manage and adhere to CPD’s brand requirements.
- Assist in developing internal communications to engage CPD team members
- Develop event management strategies for CPD events.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in communications and marketing.
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, business, or related field.
- Experience in social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and publishing platforms, e.g., HootSuite.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience using design programs (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite or Canva) preferable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive and results-oriented with strong ability to manage multiple projects.
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship.
- Has completed a post-secondary education at a recognized program.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
- Must not be in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) during the internship.
CPD is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. CPD will not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, disability, age (18 and over), record of offenses for which a pardon has been granted, marital status (including same sex partners), family status (being in a parent-child relationship) or any other grounds prohibited by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The successful candidate must undergo a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.